SCB is 103kwp
Standard Chartered Bank Headquarters Westlands Grid-tied 100kW power plant
Standard Chartered considers climate change as one of the greatest environmental challenges facing the world today. Deploying renewable energy is critical to meet the challenge of global climate change and halve global energy-related CO2 emissions by 2050.
The bank is committed to focus its efforts on the energy industry, recognising that it is the largest individual contributor to greenhouse gas emissions. As such, a solar power project was installed at their headquarters in Westlands, Nairobi. The 100kW solar plant would additionally feature the leading smart monitoring technology from SMA Germany, a global products developer from Europe.
This SMART System would enable;
- Greater independence from rising electricity prices
- 100 percent environmentally friendly energy supply through the use of self-generated solar power without grid losses
- Efficient electricity supply – despite rising energy prices
- More independence without compromised comfort or energy supply security
- Reduce operating costs successfully and make planning easy
- All optimizations are carried out automatically taking the wishes of the consumer into account
- Economization potentials are made visible through complete transparency via the electricity energy budget
Plant Power Size: 103kWp.
Grid-Tie Solar PV Plant, commissioned on September 2017.
Roof Mounted System
Location: Westlands, Nairobi.
The power plant has 364 JKM290PP-60 solar modules and 4SMA STP25000TL-30 inverters.